Sunday, October 10, 2010

Novorealism

A modern day master: Alexey Steele.

Thanks to artists like this incredibly talented man, there is an exciting movement afoot in the world of art. The fact that it seems to be growing is very encouraging for lovers of Classical Realism and representational art. Ateliers have been surfacing across the nation,equipping art students with the much coveted drawing and painting skills of the great masters. These skills are not nor have they ever been unattainable, though they have certainly been stifled. This is largely due to the rejection of classically trained methods in so many universities and art colleges across the globe. Alas, hope is indeed alive thanks to some modern masters like Steele. I celebrate these enigmatic Novorealists. Enjoy and marvel!


10 comments:

Victoria said...

Rebecca! Fab-u-lous post..and so fun to watch..so lovely!And yes such talent. Have a marvelous day...and thankyou for visiting!
Victoria~

Rebecca said...

Thanks Victoria!

I love watching this clip. I'm in awe of such a colossial undertaking, especially because I tend to work on a small scale.

...Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

wow... very interesting Rebecca. What a talented man. Thanks for sharing. And also, please share your favorite window with us!
:) The Bach

Anonymous said...

Amazing...such creativity! He is a very impressive talent. Thanks for sharing this work of art : )

Rebecca said...

Bach, I'll try to get a picture of it today and post it later. :)

LadyCat, you're welcome. There are several more in this movement that I will be posting about in the coming weeks. Some of them really leave me speechless. Their passion and dedication to years of study really shows in their work. They are so inspirational and make me want to strive to better my art.

Betsy Brock said...

Oh my...that is really fascinating! I need to watch it again!

Zuzana said...

Artist are a special breed of people. I guess he is Russian, as far as I can catch from his speech in the beginning.
Very talented and unusual man.
xoxo

Rebecca said...

Betsy, I hear you. I've watched it half a dozen times.

Zuzana, yes, he was born in Kiev. If you're interested in learning more about him and his work, check out his blogs and website. I've posted links to them in the text and on the side bar.

Have a great Wed. :)

Michael said...

i will watch tis for certain later. how wonderful for people likeh this. there is hope ot there then! Oh how very good. Meanwhile, i'll continue my doodles. :) hee.

hope you are well Rebecca. miss seeing you in the blog world.

La Petite Gallery said...

Dear Mr lipking, I am so happy to have found your site. I only read Non fiction and paint as close to life as I can get. I am sorry, but yhe sound went on my computer, I think I did it, messing around.
Yvonne