Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Inspiration Tuesdays



One of my favorite things to do online is to search not only for unique artist’s blogs but also for web sites that really offer something inspiring. Just today, I googled one of my favorite illustrators, Walter Crane. When I did this, I ran across one such site where I explored all the wonderful links provided there and am in awe of the collections to be found at this amazing locale. The site is the Digital Library of Illuminated and Illustrated Books. Can I hear the collective sighs from artists and lovers of book illustration across the blogosphere or is that just me? ;) Perhaps you’ve already stumbled upon this fantastic site and I have been living under a proverbial rock by not knowing that it was around. If that’s the case, where have I been? Nevertheless, this link has secured a permanent place under the ‘Links to Inspire’ tab on my side bar. Hum, perhaps this will be a weekly feature then...How about Inspiration Tuesdays? It might be nice to spotlight special sites that might help to get the creative juices flowing. We can all use that every now and then, right?

Back to information about the site- This fantastic library has been lovingly created by Alfredo Malchiodi, Anita Malchiodi, and Carlos Alonso Cabezas. Let me extend a heartfelt ‘thank you’ to these three for creating such a wonderful place to view some of the most beautifully detailed examples of 19th century Victorian and Arts and Crafts illustrations to be found in one location. I absolutely love this site and will certainly be making weekly visits for some much needed inspiration. Do yourself a favor and take a look at some of the offerings to be found there. You won’t be sorry!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your work is amazing! Thanks for posting and I'll be watching for more inspirational links.

In admiration...

Rebecca said...

Thank you so much. I really appreciate that.

I'm also glad you're enjoying the links. There are so many that I love; it really is hard to narrow them down, though.

Are you a fellow UF student?

Betsy Brock said...

That children's book is just beautiful! thanks for the link, too!

Zuzana said...

Dear Rebecca, I am back from my travels and am enjoying getting acquainted with your new blog.;) It is good with a change at times. Love the new name.;) I sure am going to continue following you.
Hope you have been well, I want to thank you for your very endearing comment on my latest (well, now next latest) post.;))
I hope you are having a lovely weekend,
xoxo

Rebecca said...

Hi Betsy,

There are so many goodies over there..Do check the link out when you get the chance. It's wonderful!

Rebecca said...

Hey Zuzana!

So glad you're back! You've been missed in the blogosphere.

Having a wonderful weekend here, thanks for asking. Hope you are as well!

Unknown said...

Thanks Becca for that link. How are things going. Getting ready for the Equestrian events. Folks down here are going up with booths for baskets and all sort of crafts and art.
QMM

Rebecca said...

Hi QMM,

Good to see you! :)...Yes, all is a buzz about the games. I dropped off a drawing yesterday for the "All Things Equine" exhibit in Paris. Have you seen any of the art horses around Lexington? A couple of friends of mine were given some to paint and they turned out beautifully.

Victoria said...

Hi Rebecaa...wonderful post.great links!!..how did i miss these last two posts!! Well I am glad I am all caught up now!! Thanks for spreading your inspiring-spirit and sharing..awesome!

lori said...

oh my gosh! I'm going crazy over this link to the illustrated books!!! Thank you so much for sharing your find! And so glad to have found you via you finding my blog! Love your art!

Rebecca said...

Thanks so much for the kind words, Lori! Hope you find lots of inspiration at the Illustrated books link and here, too.:)

Have a great weekend.

Michael said...

I am going to bookmark this to. How brilliant is that? Definitely my cup of tea too. Thanks for the write up. how wonderful! now, when do we see your art on some book jacket at least? :) Your art lends itself well to those "book owned by" (ex Libris) book labels or even bookmarks.

Rebecca said...

Mmm, it's a wonderful site, isn't it? Thank you! I so adore book plates so you really made my day with that comment.:)